Sunday, June 29, 2014

REVIEW & WOULD YOU RATHER...?: Death Warmed Over (Lily Drake Book Three) by T. Michelle Nelson



Death Warmed Over  
Lily Drake Book Three
by T. Michelle Nelson


Synopsis:

In the conclusion of the Lily Drake series, Lily must choose not only what is best for herself and her son, but for her people.  Her sword will be stained with blood through her efforts to preserve the lives of the people she loves, but she won’t be able to save them all.  

When a devastating loss crushes her will to live, can Lily go on and be the leader she has to be?  What is she willing to sacrifice to save others?

Death comes to everyone...even the Queen’s house...

What doesn't kill you will make you wish it did...


REVIEW
If I sit and think about authors and books that I have at the top of my lists, the ones I just can not wait for the sequels, there are only a few that I'm on the edge of my seat for and the Lily Drake Series is one of my absolute favorites. So when I hear that there is another book in the series, yes I'm one of those bloggers that messages the author for an ARC because no, I cannot wait until it comes out. :) And there are a few authors that are so very gracious that have become my "author friends" that will happily send me one on over. T. Michelle knows that I will bug her to death to get the next one EVEN if it's not finished yet. But FINALLY I will receive one and devour it in a couple if days and Death Warmed Over was no different.

It picked up with Lily's struggle after being shot and the family going to war with another states vampire family. Trying to get the family to a safe place, Lily alludes her family in hopes of keeping her son safe,  away from the danger. I could not love any characters more than Lily's family. And having to choose between cousins Val and Mathis...well let's just say I'm glad I don't have too. I so enjoy T. Michelle's writing. Not one moment am I left to be bored. I enjoy the suspense building up to that one moment that you can not believe that just happened. And there were some moments that all I could think was, "Oh my gosh that did not just happen!" and I would have to go back and read it again. I love books like that. Even though some things happen in this book that I am still grieving over, I loved it! T. Michelle has made me come to love every member of Lily's family and losing even one makes me sad. I can only hope that T. Michelle will continue this series so I can continue follow along with the family.

If you haven't read the first book in the series The Life And Death Of Lily Drake my review is HERE and also the second book 'Til Death Do Us Part review HERE. You won't be disappointed and I'm sure you will fall in love with Lily and her family like I have.

5 HOOTS for DEATH WARMED OVER!!!

WOULD YOU RATHER...?
WITH T. Michelle Nelson

1. Would you rather always take a cold shower or sleep an hour less than you need to be fully rested?
I have raging insomnia.  I’m used to working with little or no sleep, but with massive amounts of coffee.  I’ll definitely take the sleep one, ONE hour less would be an improvement!

2. Would you rather always get first dibs or the last laugh?
The last laugh.  I’m one of those…  I know, terrible.  At least I’m honest!

3. Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?
I’m a blurter.  I think I’d literally die if I couldn’t speak!  I’ll have to go with saying everything I think, which is another question that again I think I already almost do!

4. Would you rather always lose or never play?
You’re killing me!  I’m a really crappy loser.  As much as I hate to admit this, if I constantly lost and knew I’d never win, I’d probably not play, but knowing me, I’d probably convince myself there was a chance and do it anyway!

5. Would you rather be able to hear any conversation or take back anything you say? 
Hear any conversation!  I’m so nosy like that!

6. Would you rather be able to read everyone’s mind all the time or always know their future?
Read minds.  I don’t think I would ever want to know the future.  Too depressing and it’d take all the fun out of life.

7. Would you rather be able to stop time or fly?
Good one!  I’d have said stop time up until last Sunday, but I went flying with a friend in a single engine plane and I was totally hooked.  Flying would be too cool.

8. Would you rather be forgotten or hatefully remembered?
Hatefully remembered, unless we’re talking like really bad for horrible horrendous things, then forgotten for sure.

9. Would you rather be hairy all over or completely bald? 
Completely bald.  I hate doing my hair, I’d just buy a wig and shaving doesn’t last long, and waxing hurts!

10. Would you rather be happy for 8hrs/day and poor or sad for 8hr/day and rich?
Sad and rich.  I’d sleep those 8 hours and be happy the other two-thirds!

11. Would you rather be invisible or be able to read minds?
Invisible.  It’s my son’s worst nightmare.  I’d be EVERYWHERE and he’d never know it.  Can you imagine your mom in the backseat of your car while you’re out on a date?  Yeahhhhh… Work on that, Michelle, and make that technology happen!

12. Would you rather be rich and ugly, or poor and good looking?
Well, let’s see here.  If you’re rich you could have plastic surgery or if you were poor you could marry a rich man that loved you for your looks.  In that case, I’m going to go rich and ugly.  I don’t think I could marry someone for money.

13. Would you rather be stranded on an island alone or with someone you hate?
I know this is cliché, but I don’t think I truly HATE anyone.  If I royally disliked someone, I would prefer their company over none, however, if that person is really annoying, then alone.  Do I disagree with them politically?  Did they steal my boyfriend in high school?  Yeah, I could get over that.  Do they chew with their mouths open, interrupt me every time I speak and eat the last coconut without asking, send them packing.

14. Would you rather be the most popular or the smartest person you know?
Smartest.  I was never all that popular.  I think I might have actually been the nerdy, weird girl.  I think I actually still am.  So I’m totally used to that, but if I were Stephen Hawking super-smart – oh, that’d be really nice.

15. Would you rather live without music or live without T.V.?
Is Daryl Dixon running around with a crossbow? I could live without all of it, if so.  If this isn’t a zombie apocalypse, then I’m going to go T.V.  I do love me some Walking Dead and Good Wife, but I can’t live without music.





T. Michelle Nelson

T. Michelle Nelson became enamored with vampires at an early age when she watched George Hamilton in “Love at First Bite.” As she got older, her tastes leaned more toward the dark and morose, but her love of all things vampire never wavered.  Little has changed over the years, except now T.  makes up her own macabre stories of the undead… mixed with a splash of romance, tough heroines and tons of dark humor.

T. Michelle Nelson is a native of Benton, Kentucky and a graduate of Murray State University.  Currently she resides in a small town in Ohio, which is also the setting of her Lily Drake series.  The first two books in the series, Life and Death of Lily Drake and 'Til Death Do Us Part, are currently available at Barnes and Noble, Amazon or any of your other favorite online bookstores. A short story prequel The First Time is also available. Death Warmed Over, the third and final book of the series will release in late June.

When she isn’t writing, you can usually find her spending time with her son, singing out of key, watching B-Horror movies or discussing world problems with her little dog, Toadie.




1 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

Awesome review and great interview! So much fun!!