Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Virtual Book Tour [Interview] The League of Skull & Bones by M.J. Fletcher





The League of Skull & Bones
by M.J. Fletcher
Date Published: 10/15/2013
New Adult Paranormal / Steampunk

Jess Grimm has the ability to travel to any dimension in the multiverse. There’s only one problem… it’s killing her. 
Jess is in a race against time to find a device that can slow the progression of the power inside her, but she isn’t alone. Others want her power, and they don’t care how they get it, or if she is dead or alive when they do. 
The only person willing to help her is the mysterious Ronan Sparrow a member of the League of Skull & Bones, one of the very groups that want her power. But what does Ronan want in return? Can Jess trust him or will she find herself alone with enemies on all sides? 
The League of Skull & Bones, Book 1 of The Grimm Chronicles




If you could be a super hero what ability would you choose?
Teleporting, how much fun would it be to just pop in anywhere you like. It could also lead to very awkward situations that we shall not discuss here.

And what would your kryptonite be?
Cheesecake, because honestly who would ever throw cheesecake at you during a fight.

When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?
Spider-Man or Darth Vader, I had a hard time choosing which one I wanted to be more. To say the least I was a bit odd, but seriously who cared about being a football player or a cop when I could swing from webs or use the force to choke people.
In the end I figured out I could do all those things if I wrote, so I chose the best of both worlds and became a writer.

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I also write comic books and have for several years.

Favorite sport?
The one where you keep a ball in the air for as long as possible without dropping it…wait, what….I’ve just been informed that is in fact not a sport. It’s a very sad way of wasting time when I should be writing.
Um, okay well than let’s go with football.

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
Action, adventure, romance, hot guys and cool ladies and because I need to keep paying my electric bill. ;-)

If you could choose any author to co-write a book with, who would you choose?
Edgar Allan Poe, the man created the mystery genre and was a tad bit crazy. I think that would make for a very interesting combo.

If you could spend a day with one famous person living or not who would you choose?
Mark Twain so I could learn some new witty sayings and totally pass them off as my own. Not to mention the whole greatest American writer thing.

How did you celebrate the sale of your first book?
Alcohol and lots of it, I seem to remember a glass that never wanted to be empty and by gum did I try and keep that glass full. It was a mighty contest, but one I eventually lost.

What was your favorite subject in school?
Nap time

Print or Ebook?
Ebook

Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla, I know this may reignite the great chocolate or vanilla wars of the 90’s but I must stick with vanilla. I say in the words of the great philosopher Seinfeld. Look to the black and white cookie, look to the cookie my friend.

Cake or Ice cream?
Cake, this is a line in the sand for me. 

Action or Drama?
Action

Sweet or Salty?
Sweet

PC or Mac?
Linux ;-)


Thanks so much!!


MJ Fletcher was born in New Jersey and now lives by the beach with his beautiful wife and daughter. He has been writing since he first stapled pages together as a child and called them a book. He finally realized his ambitions when his comic book series Adam Zero The Last Man of Earth was published by Ronin Studios. His other comic book work includes Digital Webbing Presents and The Hero Initiative. His first novel The Doorknob Society released in 2012 was nominated for a Cybil award in the young adult category. He has continued writing the Doorknob Society Saga his rollicking steampunk adventure series as well as working on numerous other writing projects.

Facebook: /doorknobsociety
Twitter: fletch125



BUY LINKS

0 comments: